Thursday, January 6, 2011

White Christmas!

Christmas is my favorite holiday for so many reasons. I love celebrating the birth of our Savior, being with family, the smell of a Christmas tree, beautiful lights, and Christmas music to name a few! This year was even more special for our family. We had a great time with the Dinkins and Palmer families in Sumter. We sang Christmas carols, had a fun hayride, decorated cupcakes for Baby Jesus and enjoyed each other! Mrs. Dinkins gave me a very special gift...She had an artist draw one of the sweetest pictures of Kate and Wright for me that I will cherish forever!
This is the picture she used....
The artist did a wonderful job!

We headed to Athens on the 23rd to visit my parents for Christmas. My parents had a full house and all their grandchildren (and children) together for a full week! Kate and Wright did very well transitioning to a different place and loved all the extra attention! On Christmas morning they were very cute as they approached all their gifts from Santa and then had a great time opening presents and playing with everything. We are so blessed as they received so many fun toys and cute clothes!
Kate loves to play outside! We were all enjoying a nice afternoon Christmas Eve
Wright went straight to the football and threw it to his daddy
Santa visits Kate and Wright
Wright loves playing with his handyman set
Playing together Christmas morning

Kate's first babydoll and stroller



My aunt Kelly and her family, surprised my grandparents on Christmas Day which was so sweet and very special! They flew from Las Vegas and stayed at my mom's with all of us. The surprise couldn't have gone better...It was a very sweet moment! It was the first time we had all been together in quite some time. All my mother's siblings and their families spent Christmas day together and then it started SNOWING!!!
My parents backyard
First taste of snow...literally for Wright.

We had 2.5 inches of beautiful snow that stayed for a few days! Kate and Wright didn't know what to think of the snow, but did enjoy how excited it made their Mommy and Daddy! We had a wonderful Christmas and brought the new year in all together. We look forward to 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment